1. What is the Spanish and Portuguese word for naval fleet?
2. In what year was the first nuclear weapon detonated at White Sands, New Mexico?
3. According to the proverb, cleanliness is next to what?
4. Who hosts the ABC’s Insiders
5. Which layer of the Earth’s atmosphere begins at the planet’s surface?
6. The Netflix series Anne with an E
is based on which novel? (Bonus point for naming the author.)
Anne of Green Gables. (Bonus point: Lucy Maud Montgomery.)
7. What is a male rat called?
8. Which two 2017 series each won five Emmy Awards this week?
The Handmaid’s Tale and Big Little Lies.
9. True or false: hurricanes and cyclones are the same weather phenomenon?
10. Which tennis player won the women’s singles gold medal at the Sydney 2000 Olympics?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 23, 2017 as "What is a male rat called?".