1. What does the Spanish term hablar
translate to in English?
2. Who shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald? (Bonus point for naming how old Oswald was when he died?)
Jack Ruby. (Bonus point: 24.)
3. Which city straddles parts of both Europe and Asia?
4. Who was vice-president of the United States from 1989 to 1993?
5. What word starting with ‘p’ means to try to convert a person from one religion or belief to another?
6. Tens of thousands of Rohingya recently fled to which country from Myanmar’s western Rakhine state?
7. Lance Hill began production of which item in 1946?
8. Which unit of pressure is equal to one newton per square metre?
9. Who is the first African American to win all four major US entertainment awards (Academy, Tony, Emmy and Grammy)?
10. What is Australia’s floral emblem?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 30, 2017 as "Who was vice-president of the United States from 1989 to 1993?".