1. How many chemical elements on the periodic table begin with the letter ‘z’? (Bonus points for naming them.)
Two. (Bonus points: zinc and zirconium.)
2. Whose gravestone in London’s Highgate Cemetery is engraved with the words, “Workers of all lands unite”?
3. What fragrant oil from a citrus fruit is used in Earl Grey tea?
4. In which city will the 2028 Olympic Games be held?
5. Which famous musician’s third wife is Nancy Shevell?
6. Which lake is the world’s highest navigable body of water?
7. In Japan, would you wear, eat or play an obi?
8. Which Baz Luhrmann film features the line: “A life lived in fear is a life half lived”?
9. Name New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s tweeting “first cat”, who was killed in an accident this month.
10. Who writes the Shetland
series of crime novels?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 18, 2017 as "What fragrant oil from a citrus fruit is used in Earl Grey tea?".