1. Salvator Mundi
, which sold last month for a record-breaking $US450.3 million, was a painting by which renowned artist?
2. With which sport would you associate the snatch and the clean and jerk?
3. To what was Franklin D. Roosevelt referring when he spoke of “a date which will live in infamy”?
The bombing of Pearl Harbour.
4. Who plays P. T. Barnum in the upcoming film The Greatest Showman
5. New Zealand has had how many female prime ministers? (Bonus points for naming them.)
Three. (Bonus points: Jenny Shipley, Helen Clark and Jacinda Ardern.)
6. What is the most populous city in South America?
7. Michael Balzary, bassist for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, is better known by what name?
8. What do people with cynophobia fear?
9. In Star Trek
, what name starting with ‘K’ is given to an extraterrestrial humanoid warrior species?
10. What is the cube root of 125?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Dec 2, 2017 as "What is the most populous city in South America?".