1. In which country is the city of Penang?
2. In Australian arts circles, what does the acronym NIDA stand for?
National Institute of Dramatic Art.
3. Name the only two Australian swimmers to win, in the one individual event, a gold, silver and bronze medal over three Olympic Games?
Susie O’Neill (200 metres butterfly: gold in 1996, silver in 2000 and bronze in 1992) and Leisel Jones (100 metres breaststroke: gold in 2008, silver in 2000 and bronze in 2004).
4. What is the only species of bird that can fly backwards?
5. Does finding the product of two or more numbers involve adding or multiplying them?
6. Is acrophobia the fear of heights or open spaces?
7. Who developed the three laws of motion that form the basic principles of modern physics?
8. In the video game Angry Birds
, what animal is the birds’ enemy? (Bonus point for naming their colour.)
Pigs. (Bonus point: Green.)
9. What Latin phrase means, “It does not follow”?
10. Before entering politics, what was Barnaby Joyce’s profession?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 3, 2018 as "Before entering politics, what was Barnaby Joyce’s profession?".