1. According to legend, what was the only thing to remain in Pandora’s “box”?
2. Which star of a 2017 Hollywood blockbuster served in the Israel Defense Forces?
3. Which country topped the medal tally at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics?
4. Beta vulgaris
is the Latin name for which vegetable?
5. Which US city is home to the Space Needle?
6. What does the word niggardly mean?
Parsimonious; stingy; scanty.
7. In May 1954, Roger Bannister became the first man to do what? (Bonus point for naming the city in which he did it.)
Run a sub-four-minute mile. (Bonus point: Oxford.)
8. What is the national animal of Greenland?
9. What did Saint Patrick reputedly drive out of Ireland?
10. Who is Australia’s minister for women?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 17, 2018 as "Which US city is home to the Space Needle?".