1. The flag of which Middle Eastern nation is green with, in white, an Arabic inscription and a sword?
2. Who wrote the 1990 novel Jurassic Park
3. Which mythical monster has the head of a bull and body of a man?
4. Justin Timberlake was a member of which American boy band of the late ’90s and early 2000s?
5. Is an antonym a word with the same or opposite meaning?
6. Who, in 1983, became the first woman to star in, direct, produce and co-write a major Hollywood film? (Bonus point for naming the film.)
Barbra Streisand. (Bonus point: Yentl.)
7. In music, what is the name for a note equal in length to half a crotchet?
8. To find the circumference of a circle, multiply what by pi?
9. Which South African fast bowler was man of the match in the second Test against Australia but also received a disciplinary suspension that was later overturned?
10. What is the latest model of iPhone?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 24, 2018 as "Who wrote the 1990 novel Jurassic Park?".