1. Name New Zealand’s longest river. (Bonus point for naming if it’s in the North Island or South Island.)
Waikato. (Bonus point: North Island.)
2. What was the name of the Green Hornet’s masked sidekick?
3. Who plays Mary Magdalene in the 2018 film of the same name?
4. LLB indicates what university degree?
Bachelor of Laws (from the Latin abbreviation of Legum Baccalaureus).
5. Whose sisters are Skipper, Stacie and Chelsea?
6. In which country was the Oscar-nominated actor Omar Sharif born?
7. What does the ‘S’ in Harry S. Truman stand for?
Nothing. (Truman was not given a middle name, only the initial S.)
8. Who replaced a deposed Steve Smith as Australian Test cricket team captain in South Africa?
9. Orthography refers to the study of what?
10. What beginning with ‘a’ is the name for the fleshy covering of lychee or pomegranate seeds?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 14, 2018 as "What does the ‘S’ in Harry S. Truman stand for?".