1. Which family has ruled Monaco since the 13th century?
2. Which ice-cream brand makes Drumsticks?
3. Extreme exaggeration is often referred to as what beginning with ‘h’?
4. Which is longer – a yard or a metre?
5. Arigato means what in Japanese?
6. Which film finishes with the line, “Sam? It’s nice to meet you.”?
7. In which English county was Captain James Cook born?
8. How many angles does a trapezoid have?
9. Complete the nursery rhyme: Jack Sprat could eat no fat/ his wife could eat no lean.
And so between the two of them/ They licked the platter clean.
10. Who won the men’s 100 metres track gold medal at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games? (Bonus point for naming who won the women’s 100 metres freestyle swimming gold medal.)
South Africa’s Akani Simbine. (Bonus point: Australia’s Bronte Campbell.)
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 21, 2018 as "In which English county was Captain James Cook born? ".