1. Who is Australia’s federal minister for sport?
2. What is the second most populous state in the United States?
3. The unidentified serial killer Jack the Ripper was active in the Whitechapel district of London in which century?
The 1800s (19th century).
4. In Italian, what does the word gatto
5. An argyle pattern features what shape?
6. The latest film in the Mission: Impossible
franchise has what title? (Bonus points for naming how many films are in the franchise and the year the first film was released.)
Mission: Impossible – Fallout. (Bonus points: six; 1996.)
7. Who wrote the song “All the Young Dudes”?
8. Which book features the line: “… I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have changed several times since then.”
9. What is the cube root of 729?
10. What is the only Australian restaurant to make the 2018 World’s 50 Best Restaurants list?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 30, 2018 as "What is the second most populous state in the United States?".