1. Which four actresses are featured in the documentary Nothing Like a Dame
(aka Tea with the Dames
Dame Eileen Atkins, Dame Judi Dench, Dame Joan Plowright and Dame Maggie Smith.
2. Reigning champions Germany were knocked out of the 2018 FIFA World Cup following a loss to which country?
3. Which hit song features the lines, “Darkness falls across the land/ The midnight hour is close at hand”? (Bonus point for naming who delivered those lines.)
“Thriller”. (Bonus point: Vincent Price.)
4. How many hearts does an octopus have?
5. Which city hosted the 1992 Olympics Games?
6. Who wrote the 1949 treatise The Second Sex
7. Folate belongs to which vitamin family?
8. Who is commonly known as the Father of Mathematics?
9. What was Robert Pershing Wadlow’s claim to fame?
He was the world’s tallest man.
10. The Kingdom of eSwatini was formerly known as what?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 14, 2018 as "How many hearts does an octopus have?".