1. Aotearoa is the Māori name for what? (Bonus point for giving the literal translation of Aotearoa.)
New Zealand. (Bonus point: “Land of the long white cloud”.)
2. In what year did the Korean War begin?
3. A Monegasque is a native or inhabitant of which country?
4. Who was the last teenager, before Kylian Mbappé, to score a goal in a FIFA World Cup final?
5. In what year did the Channel Tunnel open?
6. Recently named Australia’s top-earning chief executive, Don Meij heads what company?
7. The whites of human eyes are also known as what starting with ‘s’?
8. What does the acronym NAIDOC stand for?
National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee.
9. The word anural refers to a lack of which body part?
10. Who plays Christopher Robin in the upcoming Disney film of the same name?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 11, 2018 as "In what year did the Korean War begin?".