1. Who wrote The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club
2. What is the square root of 324?
3. The Mamanuca Islands comprise part of which country?
4. Bernie Taupin is best known for his long-term songwriting collaboration with which artist? (Bonus point for naming whether he wrote the music or the lyrics.)
Elton John. (Bonus point: Lyrics.)
5. Who is known as the “father of geometry”?
6. Tim Cook is the chief executive of which multinational company?
7. Is a peccary: (a) a pig-like animal; (b) a relatively minor fault or sin; or (c) a hardwood tree?
8. Which famous tapestry depicts the events leading up to the Norman conquest of England?
9. The documentary Wayne
centres on which world champion sportsman?
Wayne Gardner (1987 World Motorcycle Grand Prix Champion).
10. Which two-time Oscar winner did United States president Donald Trump tweet was “a very Low IQ individual”?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 18, 2018 as "Who is known as the “father of geometry”?".