1. What nationality was the composer Béla Bartók?
2. In the 2018 AFL and NRL grand finals, players named Luke were awarded the Norm Smith and Clive Churchill medals. What are their surnames? (Bonus points for naming the premiership-winning sides they play for.)
Shuey and Keary. (Bonus points: West Coast Eagles and Sydney Roosters.)
3. Fanny Brawne was betrothed to which English poet?
4. What poisonous plant was used to kill Socrates?
5. Sabah, Selangor and Sarawak are states of which country?
6. Which actor links the films Catch Me If You Can
, Pulp Fiction
and Jersey Boys
7. Who is Australia’s shadow education minister?
8. Which musical note is pitched around 261.63Hz?
9. What is the symbol for the chemical element chlorine?
10. The sharemarket crash known as Black Monday – or Black Tuesday in Australia and New Zealand – occurred in which year?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 13, 2018 as "What poisonous plant was used to kill Socrates?".