1. What starting with ‘S’ is the name of what is known colloquially as Japan’s bullet train?
2. Do Mexico and Costa Rica share a land border?
3. Who is the main female character in Jane Austen’s Persuasion
: (a) Elizabeth Bennet, (b) Elinor Dashwood; or (c) Anne Elliot?
4. Which member of the British royal family married this month at Windsor Castle?
5. Which two Australian cricketers scored ducks in their Test debuts, against Pakistan, this month?
Travis Head and Marnus Labuschagne.
6. French composer Claude Debussy died in which century?
7. Who was the first woman to win a Nobel Prize?
8. The adjective lupine relates to which animals?
9. In Greek legend, Peleus was the father of which famous hero?
10. Whose music did Donald Trump this month say he liked about “25 per cent less now”? (Bonus point for naming what the musician did to prompt this comment.)
Taylor Swift. (Bonus point: She said she would be voting for Democrats in the upcoming midterm elections.)
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 27, 2018 as "Which member of the British royal family married this month at Windsor Castle?".