1. Which state has the higher population: South Australia or Western Australia?
2. Vasco da Gama was an explorer from which country?
3. Who wrote the opera The Rhine Gold
), first performed in 1869?
4. Which American comedian and actress was arrested last month and also announced she was pregnant with her first child?
5. In which city would you visit the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saints Vitus, Wenceslaus and Adalbert?
6. Which team won baseball’s 2018 World Series? (Bonus point for naming the team they defeated.)
Boston Red Sox. (Bonus point: Los Angeles Dodgers.)
7. Ibn Rushd is an eminent philosopher of what faith?
8. Who plays Lisbeth Salander in the film The Girl in the Spider’s Web
9. The world’s longest sea bridge opened last month, connecting mainland China to which two special administrative regions?
10. Who patented the first commercially successful ballpoint pen in 1938?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 10, 2018 as "Who patented the first commercially successful ballpoint pen in 1938?".