1. Which American singer and songwriter released their 36th studio album, Walls
, this month?
2. Last month 20-year-old cricketer Will Pucovski achieved what rare feat in a Sheffield Shield match?
He scored a double century.
3. Which actress links the films Ocean’s Eight
, Valentine’s Day
and Brokeback Mountain
4. Which Australian city is home to the Big Banana?
5. Bauer Media last month announced it was closing which Australian women’s magazine?
6. What is Pantone’s Colour of the Year for 2018?
7. Which Banjo Paterson character “struck the Sydney town/ He wandered over street and park, he wandered up and down”?
8. Psephology is the study of what?
9. What does the acronym OPEC stand for? (Bonus point for naming the city where its headquarters are located.)
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. (Bonus point: Vienna.)
10. Robert Clive was a statesman and general who founded which empire?
The empire of British India.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 24, 2018 as "Which Australian city is home to the Big Banana?".