1. Who won season 1 of American Survivor
in 2000? (Bonus point for naming the series’ catchphrase.)
Richard Hatch. (Bonus point: Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.)
2. What starting with ‘j’ is the name of a measure for alcohol used in cocktails?
3. Who preceded Mark Latham as federal Labor Party leader?
4. Name the twin sister of the Greek god Apollo?
5. Which song’s lyrics include the line: “Why in the world would anybody put chains on me?”
“Easy” (written by Lionel Richie).
6. What is the standard electricity voltage in the United States?
7. In which country is the archipelago of Langkawi?
8. Does the word obdurate mean: (a) heart-shaped; (b) hard-hearted; or (c) obscure?
9. Which composer wrote what is known in English as the “Minute Waltz”?
10. True or false: ligament is the connective tissue that holds together a joint?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Dec 15, 2018 as "What is the standard electricity voltage in the United States?".