1. Who is Australia’s minister for education?
2. What nationality is soccer player Lionel Messi?
3. Who plays Queen Elizabeth I in the 2018 film Mary Queen of Scots
4. Which poet wrote “And death shall have no dominion” and “Do not go gentle into that good night”? (Bonus point for naming the poet’s nationality.)
Dylan Thomas. (Bonus point: Welsh.)
5. Argento is the Italian word for what?
6. Azerbaijan borders which sea?
7. In which year did the TV series Home and Away
8. What is the world’s largest land-based carnivore?
9. Which septuagenarian singer is older: Cher or Tina Turner?
10. For what is Nicotiana tabacum
the botanical name?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jan 26, 2019 as "What nationality is soccer player Lionel Messi?".