1. In vehicles, what does the abbreviation ABS stand for?
Anti-lock braking system.
2. What is the alcohol ingredient of a traditional gimlet cocktail?
3. Sandy Brondello is head coach of which national sports team?
4. Pierpaolo Piccioli is the creative director of which Italian fashion brand?
5. Which singer links the albums The Sound of White
, The Ol’ Razzle Dazzle
6. What is a mistral?
7. What is the official language of Brazil?
8. Which Monty Python member was knighted in Britain’s 2019 New Year Honours? (Bonus points for naming the five other Monty Python members.)
Michael Palin. (Bonus points: John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Graham Chapman [deceased].)
9. True or false: like its fur, a tiger’s skin is also striped?
10. Soba noodles are traditionally made using what type of flour?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Feb 2, 2019 as "True or false: like its fur, a tiger’s skin is also striped?".