1. Which word meaning any fortunate and profitable occasion rhymes with a type of sheer fabric?
2. What is the first name of Tara Morice’s character in the 1992 film Strictly Ballroom
3. According to legend, after the Pied Piper rid Hamelin of its rats, what did he lure from the town? (Bonus point for naming which country is home to Hamelin.)
Its children. (Bonus point: Germany.)
4. What is Zambia’s official language?
5. What are the two main ingredients of the Greek dip tzatziki?
6. The Golden Bear is the nickname of which champion golfer?
7. Which Australian prime minister was the Queensland winner of the “Youth Speaks for Australia” contest in 1974?
8. What Sydney band took top spot on this year’s Triple J Hottest 100 with the song “Confidence”?
9. Which playwright links the plays Private Lives
, Present Laughter
and Blithe Spirit
10. The Socceroos lost their Asian Cup quarter-final to which country late last month?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Feb 9, 2019 as "What was the first name of Tara Morice’s character in the 1992 film Strictly Ballroom?".