1. Which South American country is home to the Atacama Desert, the world’s driest non-polar desert?
2. The show tune “Hernando’s Hideaway” features in which musical?
3. Name the winning driver of the 2019 Australian F1 Grand Prix. (Bonus points for naming the winner’s nationality, which team he drives for and the second and third placegetters.)
Valtteri Bottas. (Bonus points: Finnish, Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.)
4. What is the name for a young male horse?
5. Which author links A Farewell to Arms
, Death in the Afternoon
and Islands in the Stream
6. Niacin is also known by what vitamin name?
7. What are the colours of the flag of Belgium?
8. The Giant Murray Cod is situated near the railway station of which Victorian township?
9. Nomophobia refers to a state of anxiety brought on by what?
Not having mobile phone contact.
10. Who plays Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 30, 2019 as "What is the name for a young male horse?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.