1. Where in the human body would you find rod and cone cells?
2. What colour dwarf star is the sun?
3. Which song features the lyrics: “Paint your palette blue and grey/ Look out on a summer’s day/ With eyes that know the darkness in my soul”?
“Vincent (Starry Starry Night)”, by Don McLean.
4. Cornichons are tart French pickles made from what?
5. Can peacocks fly?
6. In the film Thelma & Louise
, Louise insists on driving from Oklahoma to Mexico without going through which state? (Bonus points for naming the director and writer of the film.)
Texas. (Bonus points: Ridley Scott and Callie Khouri.)
7. What are the first names of the English poet Coleridge?
8. What seat does New South Wales premier Gladys Berejiklian represent?
9. The mare Winx has currently won how many consecutive races?
10. The landlocked Republic of Moldova is bordered by which two countries?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 6, 2019 as "The mare Winx has currently won how many consecutive races?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.