1. Including the 2019 poll, how many federal elections have been held in Australia in the 21st century?
2. Which band links the songs “Union City Blue”, “Rapture” and “Heart of Glass”?
3. Name the 2011 Melbourne Cup winner that recently died following a paddock accident in England?
4. Name Japan’s new emperor? (Bonus points for naming the throne to which he has ascended, and his father and predecessor.)
Naruhito. (Bonus points: Chrysanthemum Throne, Akihito.)
5. Bournville is a model village on the south side of Birmingham, England, best known for its connections with which company?
6. The film Rocketman
is a biopic about which entertainer?
7. Cartagena is a port city in which South American country?
8. What is the cube root of 27?
9. What seven-letter word beginning with ‘p’ is used to describe an official responsible for supervising examinations?
10. Pure water has a pH of what number?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 18, 2019 as "Pure water has a pH of what number?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.