1. Ash Barty’s French Open singles title was the first by an Australian in how many years? (Bonus point for naming the previous Australian woman to play a French Open singles final and in which year.)
46 years. (Bonus points: Samantha Stosur; 2010.)
2. Who wrote the 1902 novel The Wings of the Dove
3. How old was singer-guitarist Jimi Hendrix when he died?
4. Waitematā Harbour is in which New Zealand city?
5. Which actress with the given names Mary Louise was born on June 22, 1949, in Summit, New Jersey?
6. British explorer George Mallory disappeared where?
7. Children’s story character Dumbo believes holding what in his trunk grants him the power to fly?
8. Former prime minister Julia Gillard was born in which country?
9. Step Back in Time
is the latest album by which artist?
10. The names of nine countries begin with ‘L’. Name six of them.
Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 22, 2019 as "Former prime minister Julia Gillard was born in which country?".