1. Which city hosted the 1987 America’s Cup challenge?
2. Which band’s debut studio album is titled Definitely Maybe
3. This week marked the 58th anniversary of the death of which Nobel prize-winning American author? (Bonus point for naming the author’s last major work of fiction.)
Ernest Hemingway. (Bonus point: The Old Man and the Sea.)
4. Name the Test cricketers who have taken the most wickets and scored the most runs in Ashes history.
Shane Warne and Donald Bradman.
5. Which country produces Stella Artois beer?
6. Epidemic polyarthritis is a tropical disease better known as what fever?
7. A character with the surname Wormwood is the titular main protagonist of which Roald Dahl book?
8. Who is known as “the father of modern linguistics”?
9. The town of Renmark lies on the banks of which river?
10. Which film won four Oscars in 1956, including Best Picture and Best Actor for Ernest Borgnine?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 6, 2019 as "Which city hosted the 1987 America’s Cup challenge?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.