1. What does the ‘P’ stand for in author P. D. James’s name?
2. Yell, Fetlar and Unst are islands in which British archipelago?
3. Name the five Australian tennis players who have held the world No. 1 position since rankings were introduced in 1973.
Evonne Goolagong Cawley, John Newcombe, Pat Rafter, Lleyton Hewitt and Ash Barty.
4. Where in the human body are the islets of Langerhans?
5. “Once more unto the breach, dear friends…” is a line from which Shakespeare play? (Bonus point for naming who released a remix album titled Once More Into the Bleach
Henry V. (Bonus point: Debbie Harry and Blondie.)
6. In Earth’s inner layers, what lies between the core and the crust?
7. Peter Falk played which TV detective?
8. Who developed the music production formula the Wall of Sound?
9. In Australia, which animals transmit the lyssavirus to humans?
10. Osamu Tezuka created which cartoon superhero?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 13, 2019 as "In Earth’s inner layers, what lies between the core and the crust?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.