Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. In what year was Pluto recategorised as a dwarf planet: (a) 2002; (b) 2004; or (c) 2006?
2. Which Canadian author and social activist wrote The Shock Doctrine
and No Logo
3. Name “The Three Stooges” comedy act that produced more than 90 short films in the 1930s and ’40s?
4. Which city is home to the arch monument the Gateway of India?
5. True or false: Donald Duck doesn’t wear pants. (Bonus point for naming the colour of Mickey Mouse’s shorts.)
True. (Bonus point: Red.)
6. Which five countries border Laos?
China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar.
7. The Golden Hind
was the flagship of which renowned sea captain?
8. Which song features the lyrics: “Your smile is like a breath of spring / Your voice is soft like summer rain”?
“Jolene” (by Dolly Parton).
9. Which Australian swimmer refused to share the medal podium with 2019 400-metre freestyle world champion Sun Yang?
10. Which novel features the characters Topsy, Simon Legree and George Shelby?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 2, 2019 as "Which five countries border Laos?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.