Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Four national capital cities lie on the Danube River. Name them.
Vienna (Austria), Bratislava (Slovakia), Budapest (Hungary) and Belgrade (Serbia).
2. Which Oscar-nominated American actress born on April 1, 1939 has the given names Elizabeth Alice?
3. Liberica, robusta and arabica are all types of what?
4. Who painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel? (Bonus point for naming the century in which it was painted.)
Michelangelo. (Bonus point: 16th century.)
5. Which of these is not a cat breed: Japanese bobtail, French lop, Egyptian mau or Russian blue?
French lop (it’s a rabbit breed).
6. Margaretha Geertruida “Margreet” MacLeod was a Dutch exotic dancer and convicted spy better known by the stage name…?
7. Which Rolling Stones member released the albums Talk Is Cheap
, Main Offender
and Crosseyed Heart
8. Name the well-connected financier and registered sex offender who died in a New York jail this month.
9. In ascending order, what is the next prime number after 23?
10. Who wrote the 1987 novel Beloved
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 24, 2019 as "Which of these is not a cat breed: Japanese bobtail, French lop, Egyptian mau or Russian blue?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.