Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Helen Gurley Brown was editor-in-chief of which international magazine?
2. Which of these countries’ flags is not red, white and blue: (a) Russia; (b) Norway; (c) Chile; (d) Ukraine?
3. Who, in 1927, became the first person to fly a plane solo nonstop across the Atlantic, from New York to Paris?
4. What direction is 270° on a compass?
5. The Tokyo 2020 Olympics begin in which month?
6. Who composed the music for the ballet The Nutcracker
7. In which year was the $100 note introduced in Australia? (Bonus point for naming the year the first $5 note was introduced.)
8. Who is the only woman to have won the Booker Prize twice (in 2009 and 2012)?
9. What was underworld lawyer turned informer Nicola Gobbo known as in the media before she was publicly named?
10. True or False: Scott Morrison is Australia’s 30th prime minister.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 7, 2019 as "Who composed the music for the ballet The Nutcracker?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.