1. The novel Picnic at Hanging Rock
is set in what year? (Bonus point for naming the year the Peter Weir film of the same name was released.)
1900. (Bonus point: 1975.)
2. In Greek mythology, who is Eros’s wife?
3. Dian Fossey is best known for her study of what animals?
4. What is the largest of the Cook Islands?
5. Is the board on which an artist mixes colours: (a) a palette; (b) a palate; or (c) a pallet?
6. Who delivered the famous film line, “I love the smell of napalm in the morning”?
7. What colour is the number 1 on a roulette wheel?
8. Who shared Time
magazine’s 1972 Person of the Year honour with Henry Kissinger?
9. Which Australian state or territory is home to the Glass House Mountains?
10. Who won the 2019 US Open women’s singles title?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 14, 2019 as "The novel Picnic at Hanging Rock is set in what year?".