Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. In the Australian senate, which senators’ names come first and last alphabetically?
Eric Abetz and Penny Wong.
2. Is a capybara: (a) a rodent; (b) a flowering plant; or (c) a South American dance?
3. Which AFL player won this year’s Brownlow Medal? (Bonus points for naming the award given to the NRL’s best and fairest, and the 2019 winner.)
Nat Fyfe. (Bonus points: Dally M Medal; James Tedesco.)
4. Name the actor who played villainous Hans Gruber in Die Hard
5. In which United States national park is the Old Faithful geyser located?
Yellowstone National Park.
6. Who topped the list of Australia’s highest-paid chief executives for 2018?
7. Which composer wrote the operas La bohème
8. What five-letter word beginning with ‘s’ is given to a flock of geese or similar birds in flight formation?
9. People with the eye condition strabismus are commonly referred to as what?
10. True or false: killer whales (orcas) are actually dolphins.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 5, 2019 as "True or false: killer whales (orcas) are actually dolphins.".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.