1. Name the joint winners of this year’s Booker Prize.
Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo.
2. United States vice-president Mike Pence was previously governor of which state?
3. Which movie and television series was filmed at Highclere Castle?
4. What is the meaning of the Latin phrase “regnat populus”?
5. How many bits make up one byte?
6. What word for a celestial body contains the name of a hormone?
7. Which singer-songwriters comprise the supergroup Seeker Lover Keeper?
Sally Seltmann, Sarah Blasko and Holly Throsby.
8. Who wrote the novel Madame Bovary
? (Bonus point for giving the titular character’s first name.)
Gustave Flaubert. (Bonus point: Emma.)
9. Name the 15-year-old American tennis player who won her first WTA singles title this month.
10. Which of the following is an igneous rock: (a) granite; (b) slate; or (c) sandstone?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 26, 2019 as "United States vice-president Mike Pence was previously governor of which state?".