1. Who, on November 16, 1988, became the first woman in modern history to lead a Muslim country?
Benazir Bhutto (prime minister of Pakistan from 1988-90 and 1993-96).
2. What beginning with ‘c’ is the first form of milk produced by mammals, which contains antibodies to protect the offspring against disease?
3. Which New Zealand netballer played her 150th Test match in Perth last month? (Bonus point for naming the Australian Diamonds player who retired from international duties after the same game.)
Maria Folau. (Bonus pont: Caitlin Thwaites.)
4. Who directs the new Charlie’s Angels
5. What nationality was artist Gustav Klimt?
6. What do plants extract from the air to use in photosynthesis?
7. World War I ended in what year?
8. Relating to navigation, GPS is an abbreviation of what?
Global positioning system.
9. In Moby-Dick
, what is the name of Captain Ahab’s whaling ship?
10. In order of distance, what planet is seventh from the sun?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 16, 2019 as "World War I ended in what year?".