1. Which American journalist and author published a collection of essays in 1979 titled The White Album
2. Easter Island is a special territory of which country?
3. Horse trainer Gai Waterhouse is the daughter of which leading trainer?
4. In what year did Apple release iTunes?
5. What type of animal is a serval?
6. A character with the surname Wormwood is the titular main protagonist of which Roald Dahl book?
7. Which five countries border Laos?
China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Myanmar.
8. Who wrote under the pen-name Acton Bell?
9. Who did the Greek god Epimetheus marry?
10. Which of these is not a cat breed: Japanese bobtail, French lop, Egyptian mau or Russian blue?
French lop (it’s a rabbit breed).
11. Which actor links the characters Malcolm Crowe, David Addison and John McClane?
12. How often is golf’s Ryder Cup held?
13. What direction is 270° on a compass?
14. What was underworld lawyer turned informer Nicola Gobbo known as in the media before she was publicly named?
15. What colour is the number 1 on a roulette wheel?
16. Who won the 2019 US Open women’s singles title?
17. In ascending order, what is the next prime number after 23?
18. The Mount Stromlo Observatory is located on the outskirts of which Australian city?
19. What are you doing if you are expectorating?
20. Name the Test cricketers who have taken the most wickets and scored the most runs in Ashes history.
Shane Warne and Donald Bradman.
21. British explorer George Mallory disappeared where?
22. What nationality was champion Formula 1 driver Niki Lauda?
23. Name the protagonist of a short story about a man who falls asleep in America’s Catskill Mountains and wakes up 20 years later.
24. The medication acetylsalicylic acid is more commonly known by what name?
25. What is Europe’s most active volcano?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 21, 2019 as "In what year did Apple release iTunes?".