1. Which Spanish artist, born on May 11, 1904, was influential for his explorations of subconscious imagery?
2. In what year did then prime minister Bob Hawke proclaim, “Any boss who sacks anyone for not turning up today is a bum”?
3. The names of nine countries begin with ‘L’. Name six of them.
Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg.
4. In Australia, which animals transmit the lyssavirus to humans?
5. In what year was Pluto recategorised as a dwarf planet: (a) 2002; (b) 2004; or (c) 2006?
6. Which Australian swimmer refused to share the medal podium with 2019 400-metre freestyle world champion Sun Yang?
7. Liberica, robusta and arabica are all types of what?
8. Zaha Hadid is famous in which field?
9. In which year was the $100 note introduced in Australia?
10. “I guess I should’ve known/ By the way you parked your car sideways/ That it wouldn’t last” is the opening lyric to which song?
“Little Red Corvette”, by Prince.
11. What is Boris Johnson’s first given name?
12. True or false: killer whales (orcas) are actually dolphins.
13. Who was leader of the Liberal Party before Malcolm Turnbull assumed the position in 2008?
14. City of Girls
is the latest novel by which author?
15. True or False: Scott Morrison is Australia’s 30th prime minister.
16. The Tokyo 2020 Olympics begin in which month?
17. Margaretha Geertruida “Margreet” MacLeod was a Dutch exotic dancer and convicted spy better known by the stage name…?
18. Which Australian rock band did the late Damien Lovelock front?
19. Thimphu is the capital of which Asian nation?
20. The novel Picnic at Hanging Rock
is set in what year?
21. Which organisation publishes the magazine Warcry
22. What does the ‘P’ stand for in author P. D. James’s name?
23. In Australian English, which spelling is correct: (a) subpoenaed; (b) subpoeaned; or (c) supoenaed?
24. Pan troglodytes
is the scientific name for which animal?
25. Which two countries have an ‘x’ in their name?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 21, 2019 as "The Tokyo 2020 Olympics begin in which month? ".