1. Which former Australian cricketer is nicknamed “Punter”?
2. How many stars are on the flag of the European Union: (a) eight; (b) 10; or (c) 12?
3. A volcanic eruption on which New Zealand island claimed the lives of 20 people last month?
4. What is 4995 divided by 15?
5. Who wrote the memoir A Long Way Home
, on which the 2016 film Lion
was based? (Bonus point for naming Lion
’s lead actor.)
Saroo Brierley. (Bonus point: Dev Patel.)
6. What is the Spanish el perro
7. Which British city will host the 2022 Commonwealth Games?
8. What is the chemical symbol for sodium?
9. Complete this 1972 song lyric from Steely Dan: “I’m a fool to …”
10. Which Scottish poet was born on January 25, 1759?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jan 25, 2020 as "Who wrote the memoir A Long Way Home, on which the 2016 film Lion was based?".