1. Which song, recorded by Bette Midler, won Song of the Year at the 33rd Grammy Awards in 1991?
2. In which joint do the humerus, ulna and radius meet?
3. Edward Stratemeyer created which fictional teenage detective in 1930?
4. The acronym STEM is used to group which academic disciplines?
Science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
5. A flageolet belongs to which family of musical instruments?
6. Which 1984 film stars Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks? (Bonus points for naming the director, and the character played by Hannah.)
Splash. (Bonus points: Ron Howard and Madison.)
7. Andrew Cuomo is the governor of which US state?
8. Is a genet a type of: (a) bird, (b) mammal; or (c) fish?
9. Cathy Freeman won a gold medal at the Sydney Olympics wearing a full bodysuit. What colour was the suit’s torso?
10. Which author links the novels Swann’s Way
, Time Regained
and The Fugitive
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 25, 2020 as "Which song, recorded by Bette Midler, won Song of the Year at the 33rd Grammy Awards in 1991?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.