Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The United States Declaration of Independence was ratified on July 4: (a) 1766; (b) 1770; (c) 1776; or (d) 1780. (Bonus point for naming the city in which the ratification took place.)
(c) 1776. (Bonus point: Philadelphia.)
2. What oranges are most commonly used in marmalade?
3. Name the Irish author of the novel Normal People
4. Which city in New Zealand is home to the University of Otago?
5. English television personality Jo Frost is also well known by what nickname?
6. Who painted The Golden Fleece
and Shearing the Rams
7. How many pairs of ribs are in a human body?
8. What is Australia’s current official cash rate as determined by the Reserve Bank?
9. What was the last musical to win the Best Picture Oscar?
10. What is the English transliteration of the number three in Mandarin and Japanese?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 4, 2020 as "What was the last musical to win the Best Picture Oscar?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.