Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The Matterhorn is a mountain straddling the border of which two countries?
2. Name the Jerry Maguire
actress who lost her battle with breast cancer on July 12. (Bonus point for naming her Oscar-nominated husband.)
Kelly Preston. (Bonus point: John Travolta.)
3. What is the third book of the New Testament?
4. What word beginning with ‘w’ can be used for the young of a dog or wolf?
5. Which American realist painter’s works include Nighthawks
and Chop Suey
6. What are the three main ingredients of a caprese salad?
Tomato, mozzarella and basil.
7. Name Australia’s oldest university.
8. Is syndesmosis: (a) a chemical reaction in plants; (b) a connection by ligaments; or (c) an interaction between organisms?
(b) A connection by ligaments.
9. What weapon is on the flag of Mozambique?
An AK-47 assault rifle with a bayonet attached to the barrel.
10. What song by The Mamas and the Papas, and also covered by Sia, features the lyrics: “All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey. I’ve been for a walk on a winter’s day”?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 18, 2020 as "The Matterhorn is a mountain straddling the border of which two countries?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.