Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Recently reconverted to a mosque, Hagia Sophia is in which city that straddles Europe and Asia?
2. Princess Beatrice’s wedding dress was worn by the Queen to the 1962 premiere of which Best Picture Oscar-winning film? (Bonus point for naming who starred in the titular role.)
Lawrence of Arabia. (Bonus point: Peter O’Toole.)
3. Cobalt is a shade of what colour?
4. The Pritzker prize is awarded in which field?
5. What are you lacking if suffering from hypoxia?
6. How many months were in the Roman calendar?
7. Which is not an island: Tenerife, Guadalcanal or Belo Horizonte?
8. In August 1981, MTV began its very first broadcast with which song?
“Video Killed the Radio Star”.
9. Which poem by John Milton begins: “Of Man’s First Disobedience, and the Fruit Of that Forbidden Tree, whose mortal taste Brought Death into the World, and all our woe.”?
10. What is Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese’s middle name: (a) Norman; (b) Bruce; or (c) Trevor?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 8, 2020 as "In August 1981, MTV began its very first broadcast with which song?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.