Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Mecca is in which country?
2. Which band sang in 1987, “It’s the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine”? (Bonus point for naming the American comedian mentioned at the start of the song.)
R.E.M. (Bonus point: Lenny Bruce.)
3. Which fashion designer was born with the given names Gabrielle Bonheur?
4. Which English soccer team are the 2020 FA Cup champions?
5. What is Scout Finch’s real name in To Kill a Mockingbird
6. How many bones are in an adult human skeleton: (a) 184; (b) 195; or (c) 206?
7. Penelope Pitstop was the lone female character in which Hanna-Barbera animated television series?
8. Elon Musk founded what aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company in 2002?
SpaceX (or Space Exploration Technologies Corp).
9. Who once declared, “I was the Errol Flynn of B movies”?
10. How many labours did Hercules reputedly perform?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 15, 2020 as "Which English soccer team are the 2020 FA Cup champions?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.