Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. What song title links Carole King, Dire Straits, and Martin Garrix and David Guetta?
2. A minotaur has the head of a bull and the body of: (a) an eagle; (b) lion; or (c) man?
3. In which film does Humphrey Bogart say: “Here’s looking at you, kid?”
4. Name the first fast bowler to have taken 600 Test cricket wickets. (Bonus point for naming the highest Test wicket-taker among Australian fast bowlers.)
James Anderson. (Bonus point: Glenn McGrath.)
5. Which king of England was known as Coeur de Lion?
Richard I (Richard the Lionheart).
6. The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
is a prequel to which fictional trilogy?
The Hunger Games trilogy.
7. Name the Japanese prime minister who last month announced he was stepping down due to ill health.
8. What technology is used to make telephone calls over the internet?
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
9. The capital of which current nation was formerly known as Batavia?
10. What do the lachrymal glands produce?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 12, 2020 as "Which king of England was known as Coeur de Lion?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.