Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The famous address 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is better known by what name?
2. Which horse placed second in last year’s Caulfield Cup before going on to win the 2019 Melbourne Cup?
3. The phrase “growing like Topsy” refers to a character in which 1852 anti-slavery novel? (Bonus point for naming the author.)
Uncle Tom’s Cabin. (Bonus point: Harriet Beecher Stowe.)
4. In the film industry, what is the name of the person who builds and maintains all the equipment that supports cameras?
5. What starting with ‘c’ is the name of a mythological fire-breathing monster, commonly represented with a lion’s head, a goat’s body and a serpent’s tail?
6. The Queen and Marilyn Monroe were both born in what year?
7. In finance, what does SMSF stand for?
Self-managed superannuation fund.
8. What song features the lyrics, “Oh yes, I am wise/ But it’s wisdom born of pain”?
“I Am Woman” (by Helen Reddy).
9. What girl’s name is given to a female donkey?
10. In which state would you find Risdon Prison Complex?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 17, 2020 as "The Queen and Marilyn Monroe were both born in what year?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.