Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. In which US state is Fort Knox: (a) Kentucky; (b) New York; or (c) Virginia?
2. True or false: the ears of the African elephant are bigger than those of the Indian elephant?
3. Who wrote the 1990s novel The Reader
, which was adapted into a 2008 film? (Bonus point for naming who won a Best Actress Academy Award for her role in the film.)
Bernhard Schlink. (Bonus point: Kate Winslet.)
4. Name the eight planets in order from the sun.
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.
5. What is the second book of the Old Testament?
6. Which of these is a verb: outlier, giraffe, swim or carrot?
7. Lewis Hamilton equalled whose record of 91 formula one wins with victory in the Eifel Grand Prix this month?
8. What is the French word for Thursday?
9. In what year did the Fall of Saigon occur?
10. Which Adelaide-born singer appears on the cover of the October edition of Vogue Australia
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 24, 2020 as "In what year did the Fall of Saigon occur?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.