Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Which 1975 Eagles hit features the lyrics, “And when you’re looking for your freedom (nobody seems to care) / And you can’t find the door (can’t find it anywhere) / When there’s nothing to believe in…”?
2. The word orchid is derived from the Greek word orchis
, which means: (a) whale; (b) ogre; or (c) testicle?
3. In which century was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart born?
4. What sticky-sounding item of clothing is used colloquially to describe a detective?
5. How many stars are on the flag of Vietnam?
6. An Angel at My Table
is the second volume of the autobiography of which New Zealand writer? (Bonus point for naming the director of the 1990 film of the same name.)
Janet Frame. (Bonus point: Jane Campion.)
7. True or False: Mars has two moons?
8. Who is head coach of the Australian Diamonds netball team?
9. Is Bruny Island in Tasmania’s north, south, east or west?
10. Who is older: Adele or Taylor Swift?
Adele (Adele was born in 1988; Taylor Swift in 1989).
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jan 30, 2021 as "Is Bruny Island in Tasmania’s north, south, east or west?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.