Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. According to Forbes
magazine, who last month became the world’s richest person? (Bonus point for naming the man he overtook.)
Elon Musk. (Bonus point: Jeff Bezos.)
2. What iconic Australian holiday destination was once named Elston?
3. Mollydooker is a slang term for what?
4. Which Australian fashion label was founded in 1991 by sisters named Nicky and Simone?
5. Director Denis Villeneuve will this year bring which epic Frank Herbert science fiction novel to the big screen?
6. What substance starting with ‘a’ is formed from a secretion of the bile duct in the intestines of sperm whales?
7. Pomiculture is the growing or cultivation of what?
8. Which Australian tennis champion of the late ’70s and early ’80s was nicknamed Rabbit?
9. The biotech company CSL was founded in Melbourne in 1916 under what non-abbreviated name?
Commonwealth Serum Laboratories.
10. A young Tasmanian devil is called: (a) a pup; (b) a joey; or (c) a kid?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Feb 6, 2021 as "A young Tasmanian devil is called: (a) a pup; (b) a joey; or (c) a kid?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.