Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Which moustachioed cricketer was this month inducted into the Australian cricket Hall of Fame? (Bonus point for naming which team won the 2020-21 BBL final.)
Merv Hughes. (Bonus point: Sydney Sixers.)
2. Which actress links the films Legends of the Fall
, My Week with Marilyn
and Ladies in Black
3. Alfred Nobel is known for inventing: (a) PVC; (b) penicillin; or (c) dynamite?
4. What does the acronym UNESCO stand for?
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
5. Which singer was “Talkin’ Bout a Revolution” in 1988?
6. What condition starting with ‘g’ is caused by too much uric acid in the body?
7. Which recently deceased actor in 2018 became the oldest Academy Award nominee for acting?
8. Which country is at the forefront of worldwide Covid-19 vaccination, having vaccinated a higher percentage of its population than any other nation?
9. Edward Morgan are the given names of which 20th-century novelist?
10. How many wings does a honey bee have?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Feb 20, 2021 as "What does the acronym UNESCO stand for?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.