Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Australian Laura Peel this month became a two-time world champion in which sport?
2. What is the name of the pilgrimage to Mecca that is one of the Five Pillars of Islam?
3. Do perpendicular lines intersect?
4. Which book by journalist and author Jess Hill won the 2020 Stella Prize?
5. What type of rocks form when molten rock (magma or lava) cools and solidifies: igneous, sedimentary or metamorphic?
6. Nick Molnar and Anthony Eisen founded which Australian fintech company in 2015?
7. TV documentary pioneer and filmmaker Michael Apted, who died in January, is known for which long running television documentary series? (Bonus point for naming the 1988 film, starring Sigourney Weaver, Apted directed.)
The Up series. (Bonus point: Gorillas in the Mist.)
8. In which artistic field is Australian Bruce Dawe renowned?
9. What is 11 cubed?
10. Who this month won a 28th Grammy, more than any other singer in the 63-year history of the awards?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 27, 2021 as "What is the name of the pilgrimage to Mecca that is one of the Five Pillars of Islam?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.