Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Which Cold Chisel song features the lyrics: “There’s no change, there’s no pace Everything within its place/ Just makes it harder to believe that she won’t be around”?
2. Who is credited with discovering gravity?
3. Which of these Japanese cities is closest to Mount Fuji: (a) Tokyo; (b) Kyoto; (c) Nagoya; or (d) Yokohama?
4. What aircraft has not been flown commercially since October 2003?
5. For the first time in Oscars history two women have been nominated for the Best Director Academy Award. Name them.
Chloé Zhao and Emerald Fennell.
6. Which country last month won the 36th America’s Cup?
7. The Project
’s Lisa Wilkinson became editor of which women’s magazine in 1984?
8. True or false: the last convict transport ship arrived in Australia in the 1850s. (Bonus point for the naming the state it docked in.)
False – it arrived in 1868. (Bonus point: Western Australia.)
9. What is Shakespeare’s longest play?
10. Which gas solidifies to form dry ice?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 3, 2021 as "Which gas solidifies to form dry ice?Test your general knowledge with our weekly quiz.".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.